Chimney & Fireplace Inspections Offered In Raleigh & The Surrounding Areas.
Why certified inspections are critical.
Chimney and fireplace inspections are the most important services we provide at Mr. Smokestack Chimney Service. Each year, chimney fires cause massive devastation to homes, resulting in injuries and death. For safe and efficient operation, it is critical that your chimney, fireplace and vents are inspected annually. You should also have your chimney inspected whenever you transfer ownership of a property. A proper chimney inspection should reveal any problems that might make your chimney unsafe to use.
Cracks in the Flue Pipe
Damage Caused by Chimney Fire
Broken or Missing Flue Pipe Sections
Hidden Breaches in the Chimney
Three Levels of Chimney Inspections
Mr. Smokestack Chimney Service offers three levels of chimney inspections, as outlined by the Chimney Safety Institute of America.
- Level 1 Inspection – inspects all readily accessible parts of the chimney and attached appliances.
- Level 2 Inspection – includes all the requirements of a Level 1 inspection, plus accessible areas of the attic, crawlspaces, chimney interior and exterior, appliances and chimney connections. The Level 2 inspection may include a video inspection of the flue interior. We will also evaluate the flue lining to determine if its material and sizing are appropriate for the attached heating appliances.Video inspection sends a special camera into a chimney flue and records images. The video technology gives the ability to find things that may not be noticeable in a standard inspection.
- Common things video inspections find include:
- Flue pipe cracks
- Damage caused by chimney fires
- Obstructions in the flue
- Broken or missing flue pipe sections
- Missing mortar or gaps in flue sections
- Hidden breaches (gaps) in the chimney
- Level 3 Inspection – includes all the requirements of Level 1 and 2 inspections, plus examination of the concealed areas to investigate known or suspected problems.
We also offer chimney inspections for home buyers, so you know exactly what you’re getting before the sale is final. Learn what makes these inspections different from the services a home inspector offers here. Are you a realtor? Find out why you should call us before closing and how we can help you save your clients money or negotiate better prices by calling us!