The FireGuard System
The FireGuard system is a patented system designed to correct mortar joints, misaligned flue liner sections, and fractures and cracks within flue liners. The system employs a pinpoint vibration to penetrate mortar joints and fractures as well as to help distribute the ceramic cost for resurfacing.
When joints between flue liners are open or there are fractures in flue liners, it creates a dangerous situation that can allow carbon monoxide to escape the chimney and end up in your home. It can also allow flammable creosote to escape the safety of the liner and build up between the outside of the flue lining and the inside of the chimney casing. Should they ignite, you could have yourself a house fire.
National Fire Protection Agency Recommendation
The National Fire Protection Agency 211 recommendation: Standard for Chimneys, Fireplaces, Vents, and Solid Fuel-Burning Appliances, “If the flue liner in a chimney has softened, cracked or otherwise deteriorated so that it no longer has the continued ability to contain the products of combustion (i.e., heat, moisture, creosote, and flue gases), it shall be either removed and replaced, repaired, or relined.”
It’s only been in the last few decades that this type of restoration to a ceramic flue was available. Before, all you could do was demolish the current flue structure and replace it with a stainless steel flue. This is considered relining the flue. This may still be the only option if the liner has so much damage it cannot be restored. However, if at all possible, we use the FireGuard System.
- It can be installed in any size or shape flue liner.
- It can repair open joints in the flue.
- It has a temperature rating of 3,205 F, which is the highest rating in the industry.
- The process typically costs less than relining.
- The process does not appreciably decrease the area of the original flue; consequently, the performance of the fireplace or appliance will not change.
- The process is quick and usually completed in less than a day.
- There are fewer disturbances to the inside of the home since the flue liners are not removed.
- It’s been around since 2003.
- It offers the best guarantees. Limited, lifetime, factory guarantee against material failure is provided with every FireGuard mortar joint repair, and a twenty year, limited, factory guarantee against material failure is provided with every FireGuard resurfacing repair.